Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Yikes - again I started falling behind with blogging.
Let's catch up!

Last Sunday 8/31: Rachel and I had a day of fun! We went to a water park and floated for several hours! haha - it was awesome! When I told my sister about this, she just laughed. OK so we were the only two adults there without kids, but it was the perfect day for a lazy river!

That evening we went out for a nice dinner on Nicolette Mall and proceeded to have a night on the town. It was so much fun, as always! The only down side of the evening was the wondering Elephants from the RNC all over. I am a Obama supporter, so it was a little much for me. Regardless it was still a great night!

Mickey left for the Boundary Waters on Wednesday with a return on Sunday. (pictures to follow.) He had a great time!

Wednesday night we had kickball. Lori joined me for the night and helped with the nugget. It is a good things that she did too, because I caught a sweet catch in the outfield! I Rule! hahah!

Thursday after work my parents & Dan picked us up and we went to the Zweber Cabin (just outside of Detroit Lakes)

Friday my baby turned 5 months old!!!! Love you Lil. (picture to follow soon.)

We enjoyed the weekend at the cabin, it was fun and relaxing. The highlight was the 1/2 Marathon that Steve and Kate ran!!! I am so proud of them! This was Steve's first race and he kicked butt! Way to go guys! You are an inspiration.

We followed this great accomplishment with a party back at the cabin (excuse to eat fun - naughty food!) Inspired by the MN State Fair, I made Pig Lickers!!! (Chocolate covered bacon) YUMMMMMM! I have decided that in the next year I will bring these to any potlucks that I attend - they were a hit. "These are DELICIOUS & FABULOUS" - Zoe Zweber
We also figured out how to make deep friend mini candy bars - YUMMMMM YUMMMM!!!

Lily loved her first bon-fire, but did not enjoy her first pontoon ride. The life jacket bothered her.

It was a wonderful weekend!!!!!!! I think Lily did enjoy being home again and enjoyed seeing her daddy even more. He had a great trip. We missed you Mickey!

Sorry this post was so long. Pictures to come soon.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

What kind of chocolate did you use for the bacon? I want to try it!

Colie said...

Can't wait to try your yummy snacks!

Anne said...

I can bring them on the Kickball Camping trip in Oct. I used the chocolate that you get in the produce department. It’s the same stuff used to make chocolate covered strawberries.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Kickball campout is going to be the best time EVER! And, frankly, Zoe couldn't have said it better, that's the EXACT same thing I said when I tried them at the fair. :)
--Heiney

Donella said...

Wow - you've been busy! Can't wait to try the bacon... sort of.

Donella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.