Wednesday, February 20, 2008

34 weeks...only 6 to go!


I had my Dr.’s appointment this morning for 34 weeks.
It was very well, both baby and I are growing a lot! Haha…good for her:) Ugh for me:( I am definitely feeling our growth and I feel huge. This weekend I even compared myself to the biggest pig at the state fair. I was lying on my side with my arms & legs out front – I needed to roll over for some reason, but I seriously debated with myself if it was even worth it. That is sad. But I am just telling myself that I am not alone and I know it is all very worth it.

Every day that goes by we get more excited. I just can not wait until the day we get to meet our little peanut! She is always reminding me that she is there – poking and jabbing at me all day and all night! I am happy to know that she is so active. I just wonder what she looks like, what her personality will be like, how the labor will go and try to imagine how in 6 weeks our lives will be changed forever. It is so awesome and almost overwhelming to think about.

We have many things to finish up on our TO-DO-B4-BE-BE list
(Good spring cleaning, taxes, setting up insurance & short tem disability stuff, organizing cabinets & cupboard for her things, packing our bags, making and freezing meals and picking up some baby essentials like diapers and wipes). I was hoping to have everything done and ready by March 2nd. That would give us a month to feel ready – maybe go to some movies, more dinners, see people and relax. Being that it is February 20th already…I think I may need to extend my TO-DO-B4-BE-BE deadlines.

Have a happy Hump Day everyone!

4 comments:

Donella said...

That's hilarious! Not the part about you feeling huge, but the analogy is funny!! I can just imagine you having that debate with yourself... :)

Also, if you are wondering what she looks like, why don't you just find that photo of your "daughter" from Dave & Busters? Although, I would advise you against torturing your child with that haircut.

P.S. We framed the picture of our "son." We're so proud.

Colie said...

Oh my gosh... your reference to the large hog from the county fair is rediculous!!! You are way too cute for the Wilbur-ette analogy.

Colie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Love Story said...

Oh, Anne! I remember the days when getting up from the lying down position was HARD! I would always kind of make tiny little breathy moans as I would get up to go potty in the middle of the night. Jason would totally make fun of it!

I must say, meeting your daughter for the first time is unmatchable in terms of coolness! It is just remarkable to stare at that beautiful face and realize she's YOURS! I still look at Evelyn and marvel that I GREW her and she is mine! I am SO happy for you guys!

Hang in there...you will get bigger :-)

Amber