Friday, February 1, 2008

Wiltscheck's In Action

Last night Mickey & I were pretty productive. He is on a mission to get the baby’s room completely finished (I also want that too. We are so close. All I need to do now is hem the curtains) and I am on a mission to feel comfortable that we have good child care set in place.

Before we started our projects last night we decided to go to Quizno’s and grab some dinner. I totally forgot how much I enjoy that place. It is great for me since I am not supposed to eat cold deli meat while I am pregnant (one of the rules again) but they toast everything. So I can have anything on the menu! Oh – last night I found out that they even heat their cookies if you ask them to!!!! Get the chocolate chunk! It is sooooooo good and is all melty and yummy and is just like it came straight out of the oven! M-M-Mmmm...toasty...


Mickey went to Ikea and got the rug for the baby’s room and I headed home to make calls to child care providers. He did great! He went right in that massive store and got what he needed and came right out. It is a good thing that I wasn’t the shopper last night. I get so distracted in stores and want to look at everything. So thanks for doing that Mickey!

I, on the other hand, did not do as well…I made about 25 calls. I ended up leaving 18 messages and the other 7 did not have infant openings. I think this task is going to be much more frustrating than I imagined. Luckily for me, my good friend Lori has been helping out. She recently got out of the Child Care Resource & Referral business. She still knows a lot and has been a great support person here. Thanks again Lori!


Also – I want to thanks Colie for helping Mickey and I with painting the baby’s room. It looks so great! I can’t wait to share the pictures with you and I will do that as soon as I get the curtains up. I want you to see the full effectJ

One last thing:
Donella and Dustin - have a great trip! Enjoy the sunshine and the warm weather. We are all very envious! Enjoy:)


TGIF!

3 comments:

Colie said...

Can't wait to see her room all set up... Happy Friday!

Donella said...

Thanks! See you when we get back!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! As a child passenger safety tech I have to tell you to make sure you have your car seat installed by a tech....you will learn SO much! If you have any q's let me know! I would love to help from CO!