Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Child Care Search


Finding child care is not an easy task….

This is something that we have been struggling with. I’ve made many calls to many in-home childcare providers and have yet to find any infant openings.

Last night Mickey was so awesome and made about 15 more calls for us. He wasn’t laughed at by the providers, but they all said that South St. Paul is in some sort of a baby boom and almost all providers receive about 2 calls a day asking about infant care. Something must be in the water here!

He was able to find several very helpful providers that talked to him for a while about the search and offered to help him search or give honest feedback if we do find someone in the area. One of the leads that he was given was the same referral that I was given by my 2nd cousin Leah last weekend in the Target parking lot. We are still waiting to hear back from her.

So please say a prayer for us that we find someone soon and we are able to trust that person / place with our precious little peanut. More than anything I want to feel very comfortable with the person. It is hard to swallow the fact that the market is for the providers around us and not the new parents searching for the perfect Day Care Mom.

3 comments:

Colie said...

Wish I had something really positive to say... but i am distacted by that little girl's giant big toes in the wagon!
It will all fall into place... and if I have to quit my job to be your helper- so be it. :)

Anonymous said...

haha - Thanks Colie!

Our Love Story said...

I will pray for you! This must be stressful. I think Grandma Mary should come watch her every day! :-)