Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meeting Lil's future hubby - Blake






Last night we went over to Trish and Dave's place to meet the newest addition to the family. Blake is adorable! I think they really hit it off. It was so nice to hang out and talk about everything.

We all decided last night that no one really tells you how hard the first 3 weeks with a newborn can be. It is wonderful - but also very exhausting, tiring and overwhelming. I think you gear up so much for the actual labor and don't think about much work those first weeks are.

Talking to Trish and Dave made us realize how far we have come. I think we have really turned a corner with Lily. Sleeping is much better. Feeding is so much easier. She is much more alert. We are able to read her cues more often. I feel like myself again and now she SMILES for us (and it is not just gas.) Sure, we do have our harder days - but we have really come so far!!! Brian - my mom told me that you thought the same thing from just reading the blog:) You were right!

Also - we realize how much Lily has grown in the last month and a half. She always seemed so small...but when she is next to Blake she looks so big. I believe we'll see him again at kickball tonight and then happy new couple see each other again!

Congrats again Trish, Dave and Blake! You are all doing great!!!!!!

5 comments:

Colie said...

Well aren't they adorbale together-- ha ha!!!
FYI- Lily's little smiles are the cutest thing...

Colie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heiney said...

So cute! It was great seeing you guys tonight at kickball. Thanks for cheering us on to a playoff win! And, I'm not going to lie, I walked over near where Blake and Lily were napping and I felt the electricity, 25 years from now I'm sure I'll be attending a wedding.

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel normal again and conforable too! I'm sure I would be a not so good dad when it comes to someone not being able to tell me what the heck they want or need... Happy new table..looks great, Go Twins!!! They are playing good since your mom and I cheered them on to victory..Take care, Brian

Becky and Shane said...

Anne, I am so happy you are doing well! I can't believe how much she has grown already. She is too cute and she looks just like you! I am planning on coming home in October (can't get out of work till then)to go to NKOTB on the 21st. I hope to see you then! Becky