Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day



We had a special day. Lily and I went to work. It was great to visit all of my co-workers and Lily could finally put faces to the voices that she heard almost every day for 10 months. I know she enjoyed seeing you all. It also reminds me how much I miss all the friends and the great talks that I have at work. I love being home with my baby girl, but I miss you guys too!

Lily and I also stopped at a shop called Baby Grand (on Grand Avenue, St. Paul.) It was my first visit there and I loved it. They had so many adorable decorations, gifts and creative baby gear.
http://www.babyongrand.com/

I did buy something too. It is called a Peanut Shell. A bunch of the women in my New Parent Group had these on to be able to breast feed at our meeting. I plan on using it around friends and family, so Lily and I don't have to leave the room and miss out on the fun to feed. I know they have many wraps and Target and Babies R Us or you could just use a blanket, but this is a little different. It looks like an apron and has a wire at the top around the neck area. This allows me to see Lily and she can see me without having to adjust anything. I'll let you know how well it goes.

Just before Mickey got home tonight, we had 15 minutes of chaos.
I sat Lil down to grab the mail (it is just next to our door. I did not have to leave the house). As I started opening some things, Lily had an attack of the Mega Spit-Ups. It was like 8 in a row and A LOT of fluid. She was covered, her blanket was covered and the car seat was slightly hit. Poor Thing.
Just then I noticed that I have been summons to jury duty!!! UGH! I have always wanted to be on a jury, but this is scheduled in a month and for 2 weeks. Meaning that my maternity leave would be cut in to. I am planning on calling tomorrow to see what I can do about this. I will be so bummed if I miss out on my time with Lily.
Oh yes - to add to the chaos, she pooped all over as well. Finally Mickey came home:) Whew! I love it when he gets home:)

Sorry this post is so long. Have a Happy May Day!

No comments: