Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to work

Back to work now. Yesterday was my first day back. I did leave the house in tears and shed some on the way in, but once I got in things seemed to be better. A group took me to Starbucks in the morning and another group went for lunch. I was also very distracted from thinking about everything by catching up on everything. The day actually went by really fast. I am lucky to have such great co-workers.

I zoomed out the door right at 3:30 to pick up my Lil nugget. She was sleeping when I got there, but I was still so happy to see here. I think they had a nice day. I guess Lily was very happy and smiled a lot in the morning. She also enjoyed her play mat and tuckered herself out from kicking so much and took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. That is GREAT, she is normally such a cat napper. That Nanny Pat sure knows what she is doing. (She even made Mickey and I a wonder rhubarb desert yesterday! It was GREAT!)

Thank you to everyone who sent me nice messages of support and thanks to Pat J . You are the best!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It's great to have you back at work - and an excuse to go out to lunch. :)

Abbie said...

Welcome Back Anne!! We all missed you!

Our Love Story said...

Hang in there! She is getting lots of loving care!

Donella said...

I'm glad your first day wasn't too terrible. I'm sure Lily was very happy to see Mom (& Dad) at the end of the day! Hang in there - you're doing great!