Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Caution Slow Moving Vehicle


I was pulled over today - by a cop - while driving a golf cart!!!

Crazy - I know! Very funny actually.
My co-worker and I were returning the company golf cart to the ramp. I was driving on the side walk and then we heard it...yep a siren and everything...
The officer wasn't the nicest man when he was asking me where I had been and what I was doing. (FYI - I wasn't just out for a joy ride.)
He told me that I can not drive on the sidewalks with it ...and not drive on the streets with it - because I did not have the big yellow caution sign on the golf cart telling people that it is a slow moving vehicle.

He also made it very clear (by pointing at me several times) that the driver is the one who would get the ticket. And "YOU would have to pay one hundred and forty nine dollars!" (again with the pointing.) I think it was our good looks & charm that got us out of the ticket THIS TIME. hahaha!!!

So reminder - if you have a slow moving vehicle- make sure you have the big yellow triangle to let other know or YOU will have to pay!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is funny - Has anyone else ever gotten a ticket? I mean it got from point A to your office.

Anne said...

haha - I am not sure...haha - oh yes, before we got stopped we accidently were hit by a sprinkler! It was a fun day:)Thanks Nat!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you went away from this with a sense of humor! I'm still waiting for a call back from the police department with explanation and help to get a sign....
Have a good day!
--Brenda

Anonymous said...

Funny, Next time bring Goldy Gopher with you and the Nice Cop will leave you alone!

Anonymous said...

me Brian

Anne said...

Who ever that last comment was from - I think you are right. I bet he would not have pulled me over if I had Goldy with me.

Donella said...

Too funny!!

Our Love Story said...

2 THINGS:
I was with you when you almost got your 1st ticket - remember?
I have been pulled over for going too slow on the freeway - aka trying not to speed and get a ticket since I saw the cop. Ha!