Wednesday, March 5, 2008

36 weeks


I had my 36th week appointment today. I will be having one every week until the baby is born. (I‘m due in 4 weeks – Woo Hoo!!!)

Everything is going well, baby girl is on track. I am dilated to 1 cm. and 80% effaced. Dr. Chang was happy with these results. She was also happy to hear that I am cramping up a lot (which it may not be the most comfortable feeling; it is the best thing for now.) The goal is to not go past my due date.

FYI: In our baby class the instructor said to think of it at opening a flower and melting butter…both need to happen to get the babes out. I know – Too Much Information and Gross! Sorry!!!

If you want to see the technical side of that explanation – here is what the ‘What to Expect’ web site said about dilation and effacement:
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/your-body/week-37/effacement-and-dilation.aspx

No comments: