Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Hope


Well I am sad to say that I won’t make it to a very special party this weekend that I had been looking forward to.

This weekend my good friend Hope, her husband Scott and friends are celebrating her challenging and successful fight against Hodgkin’s Lymphoma this year. She started her fight with chemo at the end of August and the Dr.’s had awesome news for her around Christmas saying that she was done with chemo treatments!!!! In 2008 she completed almost a month of daily radiation and is finished with that now too. She will have more scans and check ups in the future – but right now – it is time to celebrate!

So this weekend they are celebrating this defeat! Hope and her husband live in Chicago and the party is in Chi-Town. Being that I only have 4 weeks to go, it is not wise to travel that far. But I do think if I were to go in to labor there – I would be in the best hands. Hope is a Nurse in Labor and Delivery. She is also finishing up her degree to be a Nurse Practitioner. How great would it be to have one of my best friends deliver our baby?!?!?!

Anyway – Hope – as always, I will be thinking of you. I am so proud of you! You are truly an amazing person and I am blessed to be your friend. Love you!

Safe travels D&D!

*PS – this picture was taken at our 80’s party on New Years…so if you think they are dressed funny – that’s why:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually - they really don't look dressed funny in that picture at all.

Donella said...

Hope & I will tip you a 40 ;)

Our Love Story said...

So glad to hear that Hope is doing well!!!