Wednesday, April 9, 2008

day four

Lily is 4 days old now...and keeping us busy.

We returned home on Monday afternoon. It is great to finally have her at home with us. She has her days and nights mixed up and I am sure they will be that way for a while. So we are doing our best to adjust for now.

Yesterday Mickey made the phone call to get her first Dr.'s visit scheduled. The only opening they had was an hour later. So we rushed to get us all ready and out the door. Her appointment went well. We like her Dr. she is extremely cheerful and easy to talk to.

After that, we figured we were already out and about we thought we would try to do a quick Target run. Anyway - we all lasted maybe 5 minutes (enough for me to get my Starbucks) and Mickey and Lily had to go out to the car to relax. We joked that now we were those people with the screaming baby in the store. I think we were too optimistic on her shopping ability for only being 3 days old! Haha - we should have known. If she is anything like her momma, I am sure her love of shopping will come around.

Last night at about 4:30 a.m. she had her first BIG blow out...which then meant her first sponge bath at home. Again..more to come...I am sure.

Kate, Dan, Zoe and Ellie over in the morning. It was great to get some tips from my sister. I just can't get over how Ellie seems so much bigger now. We all had a nice time playing in the band and building forts. Lily seems to handle a lot of noise very well.


This afternoon Grandma Ann & Grandpa Gary along with Auntie Amy came over for a visit. Amy just arrived from CO today, so we'll get to see her again in about a week and a half. It was nice to see them as always. Lily enjoyed meeting her Auntie and loved all of the gifts! Thank you!

Haha - I also have to share. You all know (or are figuring out that I take many pictures and Love to share them....Last night my dad said that he and my mom placed bets on how many pictures I would post on the first blog back. Dad guessed 30, mom guessed 25. It was 33, so dad you win! Haha - I am SURE you will be seeing many more!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful messages and phone calls (that I have yet to return). We appreciate all of the support. We'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Our Love Story said...

So glad to hear everything is going well! You sound WAY less overwhelmed than I was! I could barely walk, so the fact you even thought about Target is great! Feel free to call if I can help with anything!
Love,
Amber

Anne said...

Amber - I am still pretty overwhelmed, tired and sore. I am strictly moving on adrenaline right now. But still doing well.

Donella said...

You're doing great! I honestly can't believe you even considered going to Target, or even updating your blog! But I'm glad you did - it is great to hear your stories. We will chat soon... get some rest!