Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Official due date is today!

Happy Due Date Day everyone!

I had a Dr.'s appointment first thing this morning. This week my Dr. wasn't as impressed with my progress as she has been in the past. I am still at 2 and 80%. The problem is that my cervix hasn't ripened yet. Ripening is brought on by contractions and I have not had enough of them for that to happen.

So Dr. Chang is having me head over to the Birth Center (Hospital) this afternoon for my first gel treatment. The gel should help with the ripening process and starts the contractions going. She is going to have me do a treatment 2 times a day for 3 days. She does not think it will take that long, but wanted to make sure I was able to get in for the treatment if needed. The gel could bring on the labor this afternoon or after a few treatments (still a waiting game). If we still haven't had the babes by Friday, I need to call the DR and she will schedule an induction.

I have never heard of this gel stuff or the ripening of the cervix. It's all new to me:) Anyway - just wanted to let you know the progress and the plan. Stay tuned for baby updates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ripening, huh? One suggestion, put the entire bottom half of your body in a paper bag. All I'm sayin' is it works for avocadoes. However, I am no doctor. :) Good luck this afternoon, hopefully today is the day!

Heiney

Donella said...

Nice, Kris.

Woo hoo! Come on BABY!!

Our Love Story said...

Exciting! I am so happy you are having this done instead of an induction right away. Aren't medical advances great!? I just watched a thing on tv about births and midwives and I was thinking about Evelyn's birth - you are about to be a part of such a great miracle! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Love and prayers,
Amber