Saturday, April 12, 2008

One week old

This morning I woke up feeling great! Refreshed and just very happy in general. I am slowly starting to feel like myself again. I can actually tell I do have ankles (rather than kankels) again! That is very exciting to me!!! haha!

Yesterday was a big day for our Lily. She had a nice, very successful bath in the morning. Then the home nurse stopped by for a visit. It was nice to get more tips and advise from her. She was happy to report that our girl is gaining her birth weight back and in good health.

Last night we headed down to Northfield to visit grandpa Bill at the hospital. We figured that she would bring smiles to them and we were right! Lily also had a very good night of sleeping, by far the longest amounts of consistent sleeping thus far.

I also wanted to share how wonderful my husband is - He has been so great to both Lily and I and has taken a very active role in her care. I can not imagine what the last week would have been like without him by my side. I love you so much, Mickey!

That is all for now - I am very optimistic that today will be another great day! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love all the pictures and updates! Kepp them coming. It's great to hear that it's going so well. Can't wait to meet Lily!