Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday



Lily and I are home alone today. We both miss Mickey so much. It is hard to make the transition without him. I know he is missing us today too. Being here alone with her today also makes me very aware of the fact that I don't know what I am doing yet and that scares me. When mickey is with us - I think we all have that sense of comfort. I know it will get easier for all of us, but for now we miss our daddy.

We had a low key morning full of spit up and then went for a walk outside. I think both Lily and I needed the fresh air and a little DQ too! haha!

Mickey and I gave Lily a bath last night. That is not her favorite thing to do, but it was time. Anyway we were feeling good about our successful bath and Mickey was holding her wrapped in the towel and then we heard it...the thunder from down under...yep...she went poo all over the towel and herself. So much for her nice clean bath! ahha - next time we will be sure to get the diaper on first.

3 comments:

Our Love Story said...

What a cutie! And, there will probably be poopie in the towels for a few months - it is inevitable! Evelyn seemed to cry after every bath, and the crying seemed to create the poop! :-)

Donella said...

You are doing great!! We all missed you last night at kickball. (I'm sure you heard that we won! Woo hoo!) I'm glad you are slowly getting out more and more, especially on such nice days. And just remember, you are one of millions and millions of new mommys who don't know what the crap they are doing. You and Lily and Mickey will all be great. And before you know it you will be saying to each other "Remember when she pooped on the towel? That was hilarious!" And you can save up all those stories for when she's about 12, to share with her little friends and embarass her... Which, by the way, will arrive before you know it! Have fun, make the best of it, and laugh at yourself!

Hope said...

Hi! Don't worry, nobody knows what they are doing at first...she'll teach ya!
Love you all!
Hope and Scott
P.S. You only make the no diaper mistake once...trust me!